Original link: http://gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm
With Piper notes.
The Gospel of Mary Magdalene
The Gospel of Mary is found in the Berlin Gnostic Codex (or Papyrus Berolinensis 8502, as this ancient collection of Gnostic texts is labeled for archival reasons). This very important and well-preserved codex was apparently discovered in the late-nineteenth century somewhere near Akhmim in upper Egypt. It was purchased in 1896 by a German scholar, Dr. Carl Reinhardt, in Cairo and then taken to Berlin.
The book (or “codex”, as these ancient books are called) was probably copied and bound in the late fourth or early fifth century. It contains Coptic translations of three very important early Christian Gnostic texts: the Gospel of Mary, the Apocryphon of John, and the Sophia of Jesus Christ. The texts themselves date to the second century and were originally authored in Greek. (In academic writing over the last century, this codex is variably and confusingly referenced by scholars as the “Berlin Gnostic Codex”, the “Akhmim Codex”, PB 8502, and BG 8502).
Despite the importance of the discovery of this ancient collection of Gnostic scriptures, several misfortunes including two world wars delayed its publication until 1955. By then the large Nag Hammadi collection of ancient Gnostic writings had also been recovered. It was found that copies of two of the texts in this codex — the Apocryphon of John, and the Sophia of Jesus Christ — had also been preserved in the Nag Hammadi collection. The texts from the Berlin Gnostic Codex were used to aid and augment translations of the Apocryphon of John and the Sophia of Jesus Christ as they now are published in Nag Hammadi Library.
But more importantly, the codex preserves the most complete surviving fragment of the Gospel of Mary (as the text is named in the manuscript, though it is clear this named Mary is the person we call Mary of Magdala). Two other small fragments of the Gospel of Mary from separate Greek editions were later unearthed in archaeological excavations at Oxyrhynchus in lower Egypt. (Fragments of the Gospel of Thomas were also found at this ancient site; see the Oxyrhynchus and Gospel of Thomas page for more information about Oxyrhynchus.) Finding three fragments of a text of this antiquity is extremely unusual, and it is thus evidenced that the Gospel of Mary was well distributed in early Christian times and existed in both an original Greek and a Coptic language translation.
Unfortunately the surviving manuscript of the Gospel of Mary is missing pages 1 to 6 and pages 11 to 14 — pages that included sections of the text up to chapter 4, and portions of chapter 5 to 8. The extant text of the Gospel of Mary, as found in the Berlin Gnostic Codex, is presented below. The manuscript text begins on page 7, in the middle of a passage.
Without explanatory and background material, it will be impossible for a reader unfamiliar with ancient Gnostic Christian writings to understand the Gospel of Mary. The Piper gives notes or commentary where appropriate in the light of Grail lore.
Read Dr. King’s introductory chapter from The Gospel of Mary of Magdala: Jesus and the First Woman Apostle.
The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
[The Gospel of Mary]
(Pages 1 to 6 of the manuscript, containing chapters 1 – 3, are lost. The extant text starts on page 7…)
. . . Will matter then be destroyed or not?
22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.
(Piper note: All things are One in the spirit of their root, the Holy Spirit of intended pattern, or root of all things? Entanglement of the Infinities = Intentional creation, energy pattern.)
23) For the nature of matter is resolved into the roots of its own nature alone.
24) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
25) Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?
26) The Savior said There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin.
(Piper note: There is no SIN? But it is created when we do bad things that hurt others. = Karma?)
27) That is why the Good came into your midst, to the essence of every nature in order to restore it to its root.
(Piper note: The Spirit of Messiah came to bring the Light to this world, the Light bringer. To show The Way to The Root of all things.)
28) Then He continued and said, That is why you become sick and die, for you are deprived of the one who can heal you.
29) He who has a mind to understand, let him understand.
30) Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from something contrary to nature. Then there arises a disturbance in its whole body.
(Piper note: The Dark Animal half of the soul? The dark energy that causes negative passions. What we fight against comes from a source from outside of us, the Dark energy. But it is half of our being, the soul that drives the physical body. Disturbance is chaos, and chaos is darkness, and it itself influences your feelings or animal in the dark side of the Entanglement of the Infinities. )
31) That is why I said to you, Be of good courage, and if you are discouraged be encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature.
32) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
33) When the Blessed One had said this, He greeted them all,saying, Peace be with you. Receive my peace unto yourselves.
34) Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you.
35) Follow after Him!
36) Those who seek Him will find Him.
37) Go then and preach the gospel of the Kingdom.
38) Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it.
(Piper notes: Paul. Rome. Catholic. Luther. The Sword of Division. The Harlot named MYSTERY, speaking BLASPHEMY. The abomination of desolation set up in the True Temple of God, human minds. The replacement theologies, that replaced the simple conscience and consciousness faith and works, with doctrines, rules and rituals. The false salvation of ‘sin boldly and trust in Christ more boldly’. = almost 2000 years of doctrines of devils that encourage sin, and the division of men that makes men easier to deceive.)
39) When He said this He departed.
1) But they were grieved. They wept greatly, saying, How shall we go to the Gentiles and preach the gospel of the Kingdom of the Son of Man? If they did not spare Him, how will they spare us?
2) Then Mary stood up, greeted them all, and said to her brethren, Do not weep and do not grieve nor be irresolute, for His grace will be entirely with you and will protect you.
3) But rather, let us praise His greatness, for He has prepared us and made us into Men.
4) When Mary said this, she turned their hearts to the Good, and they began to discuss the words of the Savior.
5) Peter said to Mary, Sister we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of woman.
6) Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember which you know, but we do not, nor have we heard them.
(Piper note: Yet, Rome says Mary Magdalene was a harlot? And Peter was the Head of the Church? Sounds like Mary was the head of the Church of Jerusalem. Is this why it was destroyed? To eliminate the matriarchal and Gnostic/Heretic influence? Of course, that is history. No wonder the lady fled to France.)
7) Mary answered and said, What is hidden from you I will proclaim to you.
8) And she began to speak to them these words: I, she said, I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to Him, Lord I saw you today in a vision. He answered and said to me,
9) Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of Me. For where the mind is there is the treasure.
(Piper note: Entanglement of the infinities, entanglement of intention, Kabbalah desire of the material or the spiritual.)
10) I said to Him, Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it, through the soul or through the spirit?
11) The Savior answered and said, He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind that is between the two that is what sees the vision and it is […]
(Piper note: The Soul is the animal half, the spirit binds with it to create/become a mind? )
(pages 11 – 14 are missing from the manuscript)
. . . it.
10) And desire said, I did not see you descending, but now I see you ascending. Why do you lie since you belong to me?
11) The soul answered and said, I saw you. You did not see me nor recognize me. I served you as a garment and you did not know me.
12) When it said this, it (the soul) went away rejoicing greatly.
13) Again it came to the third power, which is called ignorance.
14) The power questioned the soul, saying, Where are you going? In wickedness are you bound. But you are bound; do not judge!
15) And the soul said, Why do you judge me, although I have not judged?
16) I was bound, though I have not bound.
17) I was not recognized. But I have recognized that the All is being dissolved, both the earthly things and the heavenly.
18) When the soul had overcome the third power, it went upwards and saw the fourth power, which took seven forms.
19) The first form is darkness, the second desire, the third ignorance, the fourth is the excitement of death, the fifth is the kingdom of the flesh, the sixth is the foolish wisdom of flesh, the seventh is the wrathful wisdom. These are the seven powers of wrath.
(Piper note: The Powers are super angels or higher powers, that work in the 7 layers that are sealed from each other. So that reality is real and hard. Yet, The Energy based Universe itself is designed to deliver to the soul its deepest need or desire.The Kabbalah speaks of the ‘Deepest Desires of the Soul’, which is similar to the fourth power layer that took seven forms. The soul itself is composed of the Chakra’s, the seven connections of the soul to the layers of reality. Called in the Bible the seven spirits of God that have seven seals. Or in Enoch the seven suns within seven suns. The seven layers of hyper-spacial reality. The Perfect number 7, against the number of darkness; 6, which is Pi. Is there a level of super consciousness in these 7 spirits? Then the layers of darkness, are 5 to make a total of 12 powers of light and dark. )
20) They asked the soul, Whence do you come slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?
21) The soul answered and said, What binds me has been slain, and what turns me about has been overcome,
22) and my desire has been ended, and ignorance has died.
23) In a aeon I was released from a world, and in a Type from a type, and from the fetter of oblivion which is transient.
(Piper note: Well, here it is. An aeon, an age, 2000 years. Released from the fetter or chains of the ‘oblivion’, which is the Imp of the consumer, the Lake of Fire. Type of a type, capital T, signifying a type of punishment according to the type of offense. But the soul was released from ‘hell’ as the oblivion was transient. These ‘ages’ or ‘aeon’, in the Bible, are mistranslated as an; eternity. )
24) From this time on will I attain to the rest of the time, of the season, of the aeon, in silence.
1) When Mary had said this, she fell silent, since it was to this point that the Savior had spoken with her.
2) But Andrew answered and said to the brethren, Say what you wish to say about what she has said. I at least do not believe that the Savior said this. For certainly these teachings are strange ideas.
3) Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things.
4) He questioned them about the Savior: Did He really speak privately with a woman and not openly to us? Are we to turn about and all listen to her? Did He prefer her to us?
5) Then Mary wept and said to Peter, My brother Peter, what do you think? Do you think that I have thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Savior?
6) Levi answered and said to Peter, Peter you have always been hot tempered.
7) Now I see you contending against the woman like the adversaries.
8) But if the Savior made her worthy, who are you indeed to reject her? Surely the Savior knows her very well.
9) That is why He loved her more than us. Rather let us be ashamed and put on the perfect Man, and separate as He commanded us and preach the gospel, not laying down any other rule or other law beyond what the Savior said.
10) And when they heard this they began to go forth to proclaim and to preach.
(Piper note: Truth. The split begins between the Magdalene and Peter. He loved her more than the men. Surely He KNEW her very well. If the Savior made her WORTHY, who are you to reject her? The manuscript editing of Rome, was pretty heavy, almost… fictional, you could say? And we wonder why the Scholars and Authorities rejected the Forbidden books? We wonder why Enoch and these other books were outlawed? That they would destroy faith? Well, they would certainly destroy faith in Rome…)